The Home Decor & Furniture industry has recorded growth in the past couple of years, with the United States alone generating nearly 227 billion U.S. dollars in furniture revenue in 2021, making it the leading market globally.
The market has also changed due to the pandemic scenario, and while most consumers still prefer to buy their furniture in stores, the opposite trend is quickly increasing. In the United States, the homeware and furniture industry represented roughly 17.3 percent of the total e-commerce segment in 2021, reports Statista.
Besides e-commerce, a notable trend is the rise of Augmented Reality technology. Most consumers still prefer to buy large pieces of furniture in-store yet many of them start the buying process online. With AR, furniture retailers are allowing customers to visualize how a wardrobe, or table will look in their homes, smoothing and facilitating the purchase process, while minimizing the risk of returns.
eCommerce Product Page
The first thing that comes to mind thinking about AR for the Home Decor & Furniture market is eCommerce. Thanks to this technology, the industry can boost sales and conversions, enabling potential customers to visualize items in their surroundings and offering a better and more meaningful user experience, while reducing the risk of changes and returns.
An interesting use case is Nodus Rug; the Italian luxury rug brand brings tangible innovation to its customers, who can now virtually place a rug in the space around them, and decide which one is the most suitable before buying it. To do so, they used Aryel, the powerful marketing platform, to bring new potential customers to the brand and encourage generational turnover, making Nodus Rug’s product engaging and interactive, while bringing new buyer personas into the orbit of Nodus Rug, combining rug art and designers’ vision with the most innovative AR marketing ever.
Most importantly, Aryel works with a WebAR technology; this means brands can share AR experiences via a simple link, adding it on an existent eCommerce, for example on buttons with CTA in a snap.
DEM and Social Media
AR can also boost brands marketing strategies, such as DEM and social media. For example:
- via Newsletter: sending artwork and Product Visualization experiences via email, on the occasion of a special event or during the release of a new collection, and sharing the link to see the related AR experience remotely.
- via Social Media: integrating AR in an editorial plan is easy and effective. Brands can post the pieces (e.g., via Facebook or Instagram) either as an enhancement to the calendar or perhaps on the occasion of a specific event or during the release of a new collection.
Also, AR is the perfect tool to create and share fun gamification experiences, that enhance brand awareness and target new clusters of audiences. To simplify the creation process of such experiences, Aryel features unique templates with different gamification and Product Visualization experiences dedicated to eCommerce, social media channels, art, and furniture.
Kasa Store an online furniture eCommerce store based in Italy and shipping worldwide, used Aryel technology to showcase new products with a simple link; users only need to visit the product page, scan the QR code with their phone (or access the experience directly from mobile) to see a 3D model of the desired item, directly in their surroundings.
Aryel AR can be the perfect solution for enriching Google Ads campaigns because of its versatility.
- Product-centric experience: a WebAR empowered Google Ads banner brings the user directly on a product visualization experience, showcasing the product and minimizing the risk of drops-out.
- Different formats, 100% flexibility: Google Ads display ads come in every size and format; from banners to leaderboards. Since Aryel easily works with a simple URL and allows complete personalization, it’s easy to create the perfect AR experience to fits every need.
- Better CTR means more sales: according to this report, users who click on ads are 50% more likely to purchase – also AR already improves (on average) CTR by 33%.
- More engaging Ads: statistics say, 90% of consumers admit ads influence their purchase decisions; considering AR helps to improve the engagement and 61% of online shoppers prefer to make purchases on websites that offer AR experiences, adding an AR layer to Google Ads strategy can be crucial to catching the eye of potential customers online.
- Standing out from the crowd: all Google Ads are pretty much the same: brands and companies bid to get 1st place for specific keywords and design their websites to be as much Google-friendly as possible – but the results all look alike. With WebAR, it is possible to offer users unique phygital experiences.
If you want to deepen the topic of AR for Google Adv, take a look at our blog post here.
Fairs & B2B Sales
Fairs and B2B sales are a huge part of the Home Decor & Furniture industry; however, it’s not always easy to ship items worldwide, for budget and safety reasons. Home Decor pieces can be very fragile, and furniture can be heavy and bulky, making it difficult to transport and ship them. For this reason, AR Product Visualization is the perfect way to showcase works and items without physically bringing them to the fair, saving time and money.
The B2B market can profit from AR technology too; sales representatives can showcase products without having to bring actual items with them and making the whole experience more captivating than simply showing products on printed catalogs, improving sales and brand awareness.
Showroom, and offline retail
AR is the perfect solution also for offline marketing; the Product Visualization experiences in fact can be used also in physical shops, showrooms, and galleries, not only on eCommerce platforms. This can be helpful for locations that have small warehouses and cannot afford to keep all pieces of their catalog on-site.
This way they can easily showcase products to customers, without needing to have the physical product available. Also, customers can “bring” the experience at home on their smartphones, to check if it fits nicely.
A brand that used this technology in a successful way to overcome physical distances is AllHome; this brand is the first eCommerce for home decor and furniture in the Philippines. To allow customers to discover and buy products without even leaving home, AllHome integrated Aryel and WebAR into its marketing mix and, thanks to WebAR experiences realized in agility with the Aryel platform, they can offer potential customers a new approach to the furniture retail market, showcasing AR as a new medium for the field.
From the customers’ point of view, AllHome created immersive AR experiences for the e-commerce, which allows potential buyers to literally place the products in their home to find the one that best suits their space and personal taste, without the risk of returns or unsatisfied customers.