How to integrate Augmented Reality into your wider Business Strategy
September 21, 2022
Brands and companies always seek new, disruptive ways to stand out from the competition and attract new customers, and Augmented reality (AR) provides a unique opportunity to do just that.
According to a report by Deloitte, 88% of medium-sized businesses are already leveraging AR to assist them in running their business, such as product development, more effective training, and marketing & communication.
AR is a technology that superimposes computer-generated images on top of real-world objects, giving users a more immersive experience, and it can help businesses engage with their target audience more interactively and memorably when used in marketing and advertising.
What are the benefits of AR?
There are many potential benefits of using AR in your business strategy, including:
- Increased customer engagement: AR can help capture potential customers’ attention and hold their interest for longer.
- Interactive experiences: AR allows you to create interactive experiences that educate and entertain your target audience.
- Memorable experiences: AR can help you create more memorable experiences than traditional advertising.
How can you use AR in your business?
There are many ways you can use AR in your business, including:
- In-store displays: You can use AR to create interactive in-store displays that attract attention and engage customers, enhancing visual and traditional storytelling, and exploiting its potential
- Product demonstrations: You can use AR to give customers a more immersive experience when demonstrating your products while providing more information about products or services, integrating them into the user’s context
- Event marketing: You can use AR to create unique and engaging experiences at events such as trade shows and product launches.
But why should businesses adopt this technology? The answer is clear: it generates higher engagement with brands.
Customers from younger generations, such as Millennials and Gen Z, are willing to interact with content, not merely look at it. As reported by The Drum, AR experiences can “lead to dwelling times of over 85 seconds, interaction rates of up to 20% and click-through rates to purchase of 33% — numbers that dwarf anything across print, online or television advertising.”
In terms of added value, AR brings to the table, is the opportunity for brands and businesses to solve one of the main marketing problems nowadays: catching the audience’s attention and keeping it longer with new types of content, more engaging than ever before.
How do you get started with AR?
If you’re interested in using AR in your business, there are a few things you need to do to get started:
- Choose the right platform: There are many different AR platforms available, so it’s essential to choose one that’s right for your business. Aryel, for example, is a powerful AR Marketing platform to create and share engaging WebAR campaigns in a snap!
- Create compelling content: AR content needs to be exciting and engaging to capture your target audience’s attention. Looking for compelling content? You can ask for support at our experts on Aryel’s Creative Studio here.
- Test and measure: Always test your AR campaigns before launching, and measure the results to see if they’re effective.
Of course, the budget has always been one of the main constraints with AR. However, implementing AR in your marketing strategy doesn’t have to be a bloodbath — platforms like Aryel can help you to create custom WebAR experiences to engage with users and boost sales in a snap.
With Aryel, everyone can make their own WebAR experiences and share them off- and online through a simple URL, thanks to our intuitive drag-and-drop platform, which also provides metrics and insights on a dedicated dashboard.