If you are a marketer, what we are going to say won’t surprise you at all, but let’s start from the basics: in digital marketing, content is king, but storytelling is the queen. This means it’s not only what you say, but how you do that.
Easy, right? Of course, it is, but again if you’ve worked in the marketing field for a while, you know how engaging users online can sometimes be a bit harsh.
It could even feel like you have great ideas in mind, but it’s hard to communicate them behind the screen of a smartphone, tablet, or even pc — we know how it feels.
However, a significant change is going to revolutionize the world of digital marketing, boosting engagement and bring the wow effect back: because if the content is king and storytelling is queen… AR is the whole army.
Let’s see why.
AR: the new frontier of online engagement
Content is king. How many times have you heard this sentence? Impossible to say, since marketers have been bombarded with it.
Of course, it is still valid, content is essential — but marketing sometimes is like a gift: it doesn’t matter how cool the present is, the package must be up to that standard as well.
Let’s take a moment to talk about storytelling or the noble art of engaging users.
Nothing’s better than a good story to let people interact with your brand; that’s why the way you communicate your message is so important.
But with a constantly growing online competition between brands, making yours shine can be hard — especially if your budget for marketing is limited.
Here’s the point where Augmented Reality can come in your help, introducing a whole new way to engage with users both online and offline:
- More interactions: engagement is all about how and how much users interact with your brand. The more you make this easy and fun, the more they will be interested in engaging with you. One of the best ways to do this is by integrating augmented reality into your marketing mix. Why AR? Because its potential marketing field is impressive and constantly growing.
- WOW factor: the power of words and images is impressive, of course. What if you could trigger emotions in your users? AR exploits the senses and lets users empathize with the content, speaking both to their minds and emotions.
- Engage the right audience: let’s be honest, most users spend most of their time online, and they want to see something new. According to GlobalWebIndex, AR users fall into the 16–34 age group, Millennials and Gen Z — in other words, the people who already are or are going to be your customers in the next future. Why not start thinking about how to engage them in a language they know and love, like AR?
- Budget-friendly: here we hit a nerve. Marketing can be costly and AR, as well. But it doesn’t have to be like that: Aryel is a platform tailored to your needs. Choose the plan and pay accordingly for what you need. As easy as that.
- Close the off-online gap: AR closes the loop between offline and online communication. Thanks to triggers, users that are interacting with offline content can be carried online while giving them a unique, engaging experience.
- Storytelling at its finest: Aryel loves stories, and AR is the best way to tell them. With Aryel’s builder, it’s easy to create engaging storytelling experiences for your users and share them online!
In this article, we started from marketing 101 notions, to stress the potential of AR in terms of engagement, when integrated into a marketing mix.
AR technology is now at a crucial point: it is known enough to attract users without skepticism, and at the same point, can still get that WOW effect boosting interactions and engagement.
Platforms like Aryel are an incredible resource for marketers: Aryel is budget-friendly, seamlessly integrates with any workflow, and, most important, it’s easy to use!