Have you ever played Pokemon Go? If yes, you know that it is a game based on geolocation AR experiences: when you reach a specific place in real life, the algorithm triggers the experience, making a certain Pokemon appear.
Location-based AR is a powerful sub-form of a markerless AR system. Therefore it doesn’t require any physical target or unique markers to execute the rendering of AR experience and identify where to put a virtual object in the user’s environment.
Location-based AR technology, in fact, uses GPS data and a digital compass to define the user’s device location and position.
Is creating AR geolocation campaigns easy?
Aryel is a unique AR marketing platform that features an intuitive drag and drop interface to quickly set up engaging AR campaigns in only a few easy steps.
You need no coding skills to create your first 100% custom geolocation AR experiences, share them online with a simple URL, boosting your performance using real-time insights and analytics, and understanding what resonates best with your audience.
Why should you bother adding geolocation to your marketing mix? Here you go:
- Location-based AR experiences are the perfect way to help people find your local business while offering them an engaging and fun experience.
- Also, it’s perfect for tourism and local guides, helping them interact with tourists in a new and immersive way.
- Last but not least, you can use this tool to create engaging treasure hunts for team buildings, educational purposes, or just for fun!
All right, enough with the chit-chat, let’s see how to create your geolocation campaign with Aryel! 🚀
1. Set up your AR campaign name
First of all, create your campaign and choose a name.
You can start creating your campaign from scratch, of course, or from one of the super cool templates we’ve in store for you. In the next releases, you will find different assets to get started easily.
2. Select campaign type
Aryel supports campaigns with more than one scene or experience — we know, it’s impressive.
For this reason, you can choose between two different types of experience flows:
- Random flow — Build your scenes without worrying about the order in which they will be shown. This means that the final user will browse within all the different experiences without following any specific order. We suggest this flow for catalogs or brochures.
- Sequential flow — This flow is like storytelling. Build on your story by adding many scenes, and it will be required for your users to follow the specific order you decided, according to your flow of engagement. This feature is perfect for treasure hunts — ahoy!
Among all the Augmented Reality campaign types, choose Geolocation.
3. Add a scene
First of all, we need to add a scene to our campaign. We need to find a scene name — this makes it easier to manage the scene afterward; most of all, if you’re going to use storytelling flow, don’t underestimate this step!
4. Choose your geo-based trigger
At this point, you need to add the trigger, which in this case is a precise position in the space; add the coordinates — it’s like drawing a pirates’ treasure map!
Let’s start by selecting the marker that, when scanned, will show your Augmented Reality content as soon as the user reaches the selected coordinates in the real-life environment.
5. Add your media
Now it’s time to add media to our campaign — you can upload your own or access third-party libraries with over 10k AR-ready media assets.
You can easily manage all your assets, uploading them to your media library at any moment or directly here when you create a new campaign.
6. Manage your media properties
With Aryel, you have complete freedom: adjust and fix even the tiniest details of your media. You can customize everything from position to size by clicking on the media and then on “Properties.”
7. Add some interactions
Of course, you need to take care of what users can do with your media: manage all the possible interactions and make your AR experience unique and engaging.
For this demo, we’ve added an interaction that, at the point and tap on the 3D object, brings the user to the next scene.
You can do it by simply clicking on the Interactions tab, as you see in the picture above. Unlock your content’s potential and keep your bar high!
8. Customize your experience
The last step before publishing is customization; Aryel supports white label, so you can 100% personalize your content.
Just access the Style tab and choose to add your brand assets, such as the logo, brand colors, and fonts. Also, you can change the Favicon, choose a custom launcher or add cool filters to the camera.
As a last touch, go to Settings and choose which features to enable: screenshots, how your URL will appear, opportunity to share the content… choice is in your hands!
9. Publish your campaign
Finally, it’s time to post your campaign online.
Set up your URL; you can always change it later in the “Settings” panel.
Share your campaign with your audience: they only need to tap (or click!) on the link on their browsers and enjoy!